1. (TCO 2) The maximum frequency for category 5E cable is
2. (TCO 2) Category 3 cabling is used for _____ cabling.
3. (TCO 2) This term has been appropriated by the cabling industry for a six-pin and eight-pin modular plug/jack.
SC and ST connector
MT-RJ and Duplex RC connectors
568A and 568B
RJ-11 and RJ-45
4. (TCO 2) The_____ of a fiber-optic connector means that optical energy will be lost as light crosses the junction.
1. (TCO 3) When installing data, voice, or video cabling, copper or fiber, these guidelines should be followed every time for a successful installation.
Work with a correct design
Never abuse cable
Consider upgrade requirements
All of the above
2. (TCO 3) All incoming wires are terminated to the back of this, because it offers the most flexibility in a telecom closet.
3. (TCO 3) Before any cabling begins, all _____ should be installed.
4. (TCO3) This cabling can be either UTP or fiber-optics.
1. (TCO 4) This is desirable in the outside plant because direct control is often beyond the user.
Epoxy glued connections
2. (TCO 4) The outside plant is typically routed into the building through the _____.
right of way
3. (TCO 4) The best choice for outside plant cabling is
shielded twisted-pair (STP).
4. (TCO 4) Common local regulations include
All of the above.
1. (TCO 5) The original form of Ethernet was a _____ based method.
2. (TCO 5) The type field in an Ethernet II frame is _____ bytes long.
3. (TCO 5) The source address field in an Ethernet II frame is ____ bytes long.
4. (TCO 5) An Ethernet II frame begins with a
1. (TCO 6) This defines the rules that govern the establishment and maintenance of logical connections between communication devices.
2. (TCO 6) This is where a stream of data is broken down into manageable chunks and information from each layer of the OSI model is added to that piece of data.
3. (TCO 6) Physical addresses fall into a(n) _____, while logical addresses fall into a(n) _____.
interconnected addressing model, distributed addressing model
distributed addressing model, interconnected addressing model
hierarchical addressing model, flat addressing model
flat addressing model, hierarchical addressing model
4. (TCO 6) 10 Gigabyte Ethernet uses _____ encoding.