Design a self-development plan to become an effective individual contributor to an organization.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You have recently joined a new retail organization as an HR Generalist. As part of your onboarding as a new employee, you are told that you must identify an area or areas in which you would like to develop behaviors or skills that you currently either do not possess or that are not developed to the level that is required for successful job performance.
The Director of Human Resources has instructed you to create an Individual Development Plan. Once you have created this, you will review it with the Director to revise, if necessary, and then will begin to implement the plan once you have completed your probationary period at the company.
Create an Individual Development Plan that:
- Defines the area(s) you wish to improve or develop.
- Determines the work behaviors required for your chosen objective(s).
- Includes measures to track progress.
- Provides evidence of accomplishment of objective(s).
- Details an overall timeline for the plan as well as specific time milestones for reviewing progress.
- Provides attribution for credible sources used in the individual development plan.