Personal Narrative Essay
Your first essay will discuss your personal story as a beginning writer. This kind of essay is known as a personal narrative. You will learn more about this kind of essay in Unit 3. For now, simply focus on writing a great essay about your experience as a writer and your plan for achieving success in this course.
Download this worksheet to help you complete this assignment.
NOTE: Do not submit the worksheet; it is for guidance purposes only.
In addition, refer to your writing list from the Discussion Board to help you write this essay.
Write a 5-paragraph personal narrative essay that consists of the following:
- An opening or introductory paragraph
- Your writing strengths based on the rankings you provided in the Discussion Board assignment (i.e., the skills you ranked 1 and 2), as well as the successes you have enjoyed with writing
- The problems you have encountered in becoming a good writer, especially with regard to the lowest-ranking writing skills from your Discussion Board assignment (i.e., the skills you ranked 3).
- Your potential strategies for achieving success in the course
- Explain what actions you plan to take in this class to ensure that you strengthen your areas for improvement and what resources or tools you will take advantage of and why
- A concluding paragraph following skills ranked from most to least 1. Proofreading 2.spelling and 3. Grammar and punctuation