- Who you are considering interviewing
Qualitative research is best conducted through interviews. Research subjects’ opinions, behavior, experiences, phenomena, etc., can be explicated, better understood, and explored with them. A good interview question will usually give you the opportunity to collect in-depth information.
- Incorporation of the exact verbiage provided by the IRB’s Office of Research and Compliance
- The revised interview guide, which now includes the invitation, informed consent, introductory statement, the interview, and a concluding/closing statement
- In which format to conduct the interview (e-mail, phone, or in person), with a justification for your choice and inclusion of appropriate sources (referring to articles)
- Choosing and coordinating a peer debrief with one of your classmates, which can be by phone (preferably) or e-mail and will occur after you have collected your data