Global Supply Chain Management
For this assignment, use your course pack to review the case of “Apple Inc.: Managing a Global Supply Chain” by Mark and Johnson. In 2–4 double-spaced pages, analyze this case and address the following questions:
- What are Apple’s key advantages in how it manages its global supply chain operations? Support your analysis with data from the case.
- What are challenges that Apple faces in the future, and what are the implications for its global supply chain?
- How does Apple’s supply chain compare with Wal-Mart’s supply chain? How are they different and how are they similar?
Global Supply Chain Re-Engineering
For this assignment, use your coursepack to review the case of “Elizabeth Arden: Executing Global Supply Chain Re-Engineering” by Gao and Wood. In 2–4 double-spaced pages, analyze this case and address the following questions:
- Analyze the differences between the current supply chain and the proposed turnkey strategy.
- What will the change mean for suppliers and their roles? What will it mean for current employees and their roles?
- Calculate the total financial impact for the re-engineering effort. What does this mean for Elizabeth Arden and its shareholders?
- Assume the role of Pierre Pirard, what would you do and why?